introduction

Tell us a little about yourself and make yourself at home.

introduction

Postby Patrice » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 am

Hello,

I registered here after discussion on a japanese sword forum.
I like japanese arts for a long time now, experimented pottery, lacquer, wood and ivory carving, metal carving, with electric or hand tools, I would leave electric stuff to concentrate more on the traditional tools, I think if used pproperly it's not a loss of time, and probably better quality work.
I have been knifemaker a long time ago, it was my job, but it was a bad experience because of a bad boss, so I changed the job, to eyeglasses, tooth prothese, and finally mechanics.
My daily job for the last 6 years was polisher, on steel and carbide.
I started movie prop collection in 2010, and get interest in edged weapons again, especially japanese, and I 'm happy with that, I am even thinking about making knives again, kin fof therapy aha.
My challenge will be te replicate movie japanese swords, but as these would be real swords, meaning, using real blades, and making real ferrules using traditional materials and technics.
This is why I registered here, I think there is a lot to learn with members help.
Patrice

Re: introduction

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:58 am

Hello there , Mr. Patrice. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Mac

Postby Albert R » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:09 am

Patrice,
You'll find everything you need to know, and more, within these pages! Welcome to the forum, and I am looking forward to seeing some of your work.
Take your time reading, there are thousands of individual posts and responses. There is a lot, and I mean a lot of incredible material tucked away in those posts. Much of it you'll find nowhere else.

Best regards,
Albert
Albert R

Postby Patrice » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks,

I hope to find maybe someone is selling shakudo alloy, to make fittings one day.
Patrice

Return to Introductions...please.