Thank you for the invite.

Tell us a little about yourself and make yourself at home.

Thank you for the invite.

Postby Stephen T » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Thank you for the invite to this forum. I'm Steve, Gloucester born and bred I've spent nearly the last 40 years based and/or working in London. I've about 2 years left and then it is retirement back to the West Country. Started off my working life in the Merchant Navy as an engineer officer. From there I went to the oil industry as a procurement engineer(posh name for a buyer with technical knowledge). Then to the railways as a train driver( to escape office work), now unfortunately back in an office as a planner for the railways. I'm married with no children. My interests and hobbies are varied - Military history(principally Colonial), modelling military figures(painting 28mm figures), cooking(all cuisines, though principally S.E.Asian), gardening, & lepidoptery(though not the actual collection and mounting of specimens). On top of these I'm a compulsive reader and a lover of Jazz, Blues And Soul.
My interest in the arts was born at school. I took science based A -levels and the school deemed it essential for a varied and balanced education that I took two lessons a week on art appreciation, which was taken by a teacher who I admired and who was very knowledgeable. At the same time I was watching Antiques Roadshow on TV and was entranced by the beauty and skill of the Okimonos, Cloissone and Satsuma ware that was occasionally presented to the experts. One of the advantages of living in London is the easy access to the museums and art galleries of the city. The internet as also been a godsend allowing viewing of collections from all over the world and presenting a chance to interact with people with similar interests. I look forward to my education within this forum and once gain thank you for the invite.
Stephen T

Re: Thank you for the invite.

Postby Dave R » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:47 pm

Welcome aboard Steve. :)
He was drawn into the spell of precise craftsmanship as another might be charmed by words or incantations. - Annie Proulx
Dave R
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mac » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello there, Mr. Stephen
Mac

Postby Steve » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Glads to have you here!
Steve