My new baby!

here you can discuss almost anything you like...you tell us. Alcohol will be served if you promise to behave ;-)

My new baby!

Postby Remy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Hello friendly forumites, as some of you might have noticed, i have developed a certain love or passion for the Ginkgo Biloba tree... and so, today i went to a place were they sell trees with an optimistic mind and children heart. Even tho i have no place to plant it yet, i wanted to find a small ginkgo that i could keep inside, but i heard these are quite hard to obtain around here.

After a few inquiry to the working staff and peeping around the interior garden, eyeballing the bonzais, i went to the "pepiniere" and looked around. :feet:
There was various species, all looked great but im not really much of a tree hugger, but after a while of looking around aimlessly, there they were, GINKGO TREES!!! :eek: *gasps* all of my tree-hugging inhibitions fell down and i almost hugged them!.. :love: but something at the base of one of the tree made me stop as i went in for the hug. There it was, a young and fragile sprout of ginkgo, swaying in the wind!

Long story short, i found the "pepinere" dude to ask him if i could purchase only the sprout because i didnt had the place and after a while of chatting about the tree, he grabbed his cutter and started to dig at the base of the sprout to cut it off. I was persuaded he was going to sell it to me, hooray!, so we fallowed him over to his booth, where he wrapped it in some moist paper and handed it to me and said something like "im not supposed to do this, so hide it in your pokets!" along a generous amounts of caretips! he even gave me some earth to plant it in the pot i purchased along with some other rooting solution.

Im on a roll, :clover: i tell you! and even tho im probably looking like a lunatic right now :crazy: , i dont care, i am amazed by people lately, it is a very welcomed change from the constant string of a--holes i have been encountering in the past! :grin:

Heres my baby that i just replanted, im not really a green thumb but if the ginkgo tree survived atomic bombing, we should get along just fine! :grin:
Remy

Re: My new baby!

Postby chris » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi Remy,

Just goes to show you behind all those A - Holes there is still some good hearted people around . Now you have something to copy a live subject , get cutting mate .waiting for your practice plate . :biggrin:
Chris
chris

Postby Ford » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Hey Remy,

I was the same as you....I had to leave my baby in England when we left 2 and a half years ago. My mother in law has it now. Mine was a little stick about 30cm when I got it...it's over a meter now. I loved the way it filled out with the most perfect fresh green leaves in the spring....and then watching them turn to that lovely buttery yellow.

My ginko tsuba was based on some sketches I did of the leaves.

regards, Ford
"The artist yields often to the stimuli of materials that will transmit his spirit." Odilon Redon
my website
Ford
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Remy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Theres a new member to the family!

...ouch.. my back...
Remy

Postby Leon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Remy,